If you cannot afford an attorney, the judge will appoint an attorney to represent you. If the judge does not offer to appoint an attorney, ask for one. Unless you hire an attorney, you do not have an attorney until the judge appoints one to assist you.[1]

[1] Florida Rule of Criminal Procedure 3.111.