Many products used in daily home and business activities are considered hazardous and MUST be contained and disposed of legally. Examples include:
- used crankcase oil, AC coolants, and engine fluids
- solvents and pool chemicals
- batteries and electronic hardware
- paper and plastic packaging
- herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers
- medicines and medical packaging
Federal and Florida laws require people to pay for clean up hazardous materials if improperly stored or disposed of. The websites https://www.epa.gov/regulatory-information-topic/regulatory-information-topic-waste and http://www.dep.state.fl.us/ contain guidelines and contact information regarding proper disposal.