Florida has a very unique and idyllic environment encompassing its water, air, earth, and wildlife. Our social responsibility regarding use and preservation of Florida’s natural resources requires our due diligence and compliance with federal and state laws. Twenty million Florida residents and nearly 100 million annual visitors are equally responsible for acknowledging and protecting our environment.
Many products used in daily home and business activities are considered hazardous and MUST be contained and disposed of legally. Examples include:
- used crankcase oil, AC coolants, and engine fluids
- solvents and pool chemicals
- batteries and electronic hardware
- paper and plastic packaging
- herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers
- medicines and medical packaging
Federal and Florida laws require people to pay for clean up hazardous materials if improperly stored or disposed of. The websites http://www.dep.state.fl.us/ and http://www.dep.state.fl.us/ contain guidelines and contact information regarding proper disposal.